I am making progress with the guitar. It might not seem like much from the outside, but for me I am really starting to notice differences. I can tell already that to continue making any progress, I just need to keep the consistency going, otherwise I easily forget things and need to do some reviewing. This is going to be something I can work on (and need to work on) for years to come. I am really enjoying stepping outside my comfort zone (which is sports) and working on something that comes really slowly for me. The beginner youtube videos I’m watching with Andy Guitar have been very helpful, and I slowly make my way through them and rewatch them a few times as needed.

My girlfriend is hopeful that I can learn a Josh Turner Song and sing along to it…but I think I am a little ways away from making that happen. Hopefully I can make that happen because it would be pretty fun, but I struggle enough to switch between chords, let alone trying to sing along. It really makes me appreciate just how talented musicians are who sing and play.

Here are my latest practice recordings, finally including some strumming, which is still painfully slow to someone on the outside. For me, at least now I am getting the proper chords, even if it takes a while. This is from Wild Thing by The Troggs.

Wild Thing 1

Wild Thing 2

Here is me realizing how much I forgot and lose the smooth transitions when  I miss a couple days doing this part of the song.

Ooh La La (my rusty review of it)