Rich McCue was our guest speaker today and it was really nice to have him there. Computational thinking and cross-curricular coding was the topic of discussion, and this is definitely something I have been hoping to discuss in this class. It is something that can be utilized in many cross curricular ways, and it can be a fun way to learn the ins and outs of computers, games, and apps. This is something that is very present in our daily lives through technology, so I think it is very practical to make coding part of the learning experience, whether it is through math, science, social studies, or any other subject.

Hands on learning with something like coding makes it much more memorable and applicable to  what you can do with it. We had an opportunity to experiment with some coding games to learn some of the basics. It is so useful to be able to learn basic coding. Just understanding what goes into these things can be so beneficial. This can be applied to making a website, building your own games, and could be used to create learning tools. I think everyone would benefit from playing some of these games and getting some basic understanding. I would definitely be interested in following up more with games like this and potentially bring them into my classroom.